Our latest SELECT staging and home interior styling project was a bittersweet one. The Home Frosting team was all sad when we learned that Tampa Bay Lighting favorite & Stanley Cup winner, Ryan McDonough, got traded to the Nashville Predators. We will all miss Ryan and his contributions to our Bolts team. That’s sports biz!
The good news is we got to stage and decorate his Davis Island home as he prepared his home for the market. Click the image below to see the video:
68 Bahama Cir, Tampa, FL 33606 presented by Allan Mezrah with Toni Everett Company
The silver lining here is Tampa’s red-hot real estate market gets a magnificent new waterfront listing. It’s move-in ready and the Home Frosting design team has created a next phase improvement plan showing prospects more changes that will elevate the home and add instant value.
The nearly 8,000 square foot, waterfront Davis Island estate is listed for under $8 million and has everything the Florida luxury homeowner could want — 7 full baths, 3-car garage, a spacious media room, and a temperature-controlled wine cellar. Any culinarians out there would love this chef’s kitchen with a butler’s pantry & walk-in pantry, multi-functional island, and top-of-the-line GE Monogram appliances.
Connect with Allan Mezrah at The Toni Everett Company to schedule a showing of the home.
Back to design tips from Karen
Two common questions I get from my interior design clients: “Are Mediterranean-styled homes out of style?” and “How do you transform a traditional Mediterranean home into a fresh space without a major renovation?”
I don’t believe Mediterranean homes are ever out of home Vogue. Classic Spanish-inspired homes have a timeless beauty. In Tampa, Mediterranean homes are part of our unique local flavor and history.
In the real estate buying market, consumer demand does shift with new influences, technologies, and trends. Currently, there is definitely a high demand for modern style. Home trends evolve just like fashion.
I recommend refreshing and updating homes every 10-15 years. This does not mean losing the ethos of the home’s architecture and it’s classic character. Instead, it means considering better comfort ideas and staying relevant to how you live.
What are the best high-impact home improvements to transform a 1990s (or earlier) traditional Mediterranean house into a more modern-touched, on-trend home?
Here are 5 home design/décor updates we applied to this Davis Island transformation:
- Paint colors: lighter white paint colors make the home feel spacious & bright and can positively impact your mood.
- Floors: existing hard tiles and stone surfaces can be softened with padded & natural area rugs.
- Mix up modern with traditional in all design elements and accessories: Organic, natural, and earth-inspired tones, materials, and art are big game changers.
- Update light fixtures: adjust the temperature of your light bulbs to a brighter & cooler tone.
- Add permanent or fresh botanicals: bringing nature into your space, accessories, and design patterns will instantly add a fresh-style and calming effect to the rooms.
If the new homeowner wanted to elevate this home even more, we’d recommend:
- Replace floors. There are tons of new engineered floor innovations that can be laid right over old flooring, many of which are water-resistant, durable, and easy to clean.
- Remodel the master bath and sitting area
- Create a media room with state-of-the-art experience
- Elevate the kitchen with new cabinets and configuration
Do you have a Traditional Mediterranean home that is ready for an update? Contact us today! We’d love to learn more and make the vision a reality.
Home Frosting is a full-service luxury interior design company based in Tampa.