5 Simple steps to selling a home that needs updating
1) Do what you can to eliminate distractions that draw attention to the homes age. This can mean replacing dated light fixtures or just capping them and adding current on trend floor lamps. Also make sure the home smells fresh.
2) If the floors are bad, use large area rugs to show how easy it is to improve their look. Invite a flooring company to leave samples and an estimate to update the floors.
3) Use large art to show modern possibilities and add plants to add life to the rooms. Keeping small, old wall decor keeps the listing in the 1960s.
4) White towels and white shower curtains can make even an old bath feel newer.
5) Change out yellow light bulbs to brighter white options.
“Everybody LOVED the house’s presentation. I have never gotten such positive feedback! The sellers and their friends loved the home staging and said it was the perfect furniture, art and accessories for the style of the home. That we got full asking price was a big deal! I would absolutely recommend Home Frosting and especially Home Sprinkles for listings that just need a touch.”
REALTOR Dawn Dominici, Tomlin Stcyr