September – October is a great time to list your home.
Conventional thinking suggests the spring or summer is the best time to list your home. To the contrary, the fall is an excellent time to list your home for sale. According GTAR, https://tamparealtors.orgin December 2017, 1200 homes priced over $300,000 sold.
In Tampa Bay market actual statistics show listings are at an annual low in September, this can mean fewer choices for buyers, giving home seller more buyer interest.
With 75 to 80 days of normalcy, before the holidays, September – October is a great time to list your home. People sell homes in every month of the year.
Vacations are done, kids are back in school, the weather starts cooling down and interest rates are still attractive. All making it a ripe environment to sell a home. Should you want to sell your home and need a Realtor referral, please email me. Home Frosting works with top Realtors and will be happy to provide you names and contact info. As you get ready to list your home, consider these ways to get your home sold fast and for the highest price.
5 tips to get a home sold fast and for the highest price
Critical secrets from a home staging pro who has seen these simple actions make huge difference
- Painting will boost your home’s value
Painting is one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways that can help to increase a home’s value. Painting the interior results in a 107 percent on the return on investment (ROI), and painting the exterior leads to a 55 percent ROI, according to aHomeGain Top DIY Home Improvements for Seller survey.
- De cluttering makes a home feel larger
Less is more when presenting a home to new buyers. Removing excess furniture, décor, capping ceiling fans and eliminating small items will make a home feel more spacious and upscale. Many non profit organizations like Goodwill and the Salvation Army will come pick up your stuff too.
- Well-lit and bright homes put prospects in a happier, relaxed mood
Adding light and white elements (from pillows to towels to window panels) to a home’s presentation makes a difference. Ensuring there is adequate lighting in all rooms is also key. If rooms feel dark, add table and floor lamps to brighten them and remove heavy window treatments.
- Staging a few rooms makes helps prospects visualize the full potential of a home and they can see themselves living there
New home buyers often can’t get past the current owner’s style and belongings. Staging a few rooms is an effective way to make a listing feel more aspirational and show a lifestyle. National Realtors Associations found that over half of all seller’s agents believe staging increased the value of home by 3-20% and staged verses un staged homes. Staged homes verses un staged homes sell 88% faster.
- Online photos are your listing’s first impression and best friend, make them great
Today’s consumers shop online first and have much higher visual expectations due to the digital marketing world and the popularity of home improvement TV shows and magazines. Bad photos won’t get your home noticed. Professional photos will increase your opportunities to showcase the homes and its best features.
Still not sure when to list?
Advantages to listing your home in September
- The highest volume closing month for six months is December.
- December closings typically go Under Contract between Mid-September thru Late-October.
- New Listings historically dip in September, so there are fewer fresh looks on-line than normal.
- Buy listing in September, you will be flagged as a new listing and will catch the peak showings just as more additional buyers are entering the market than usual.