As an interior designers and home stagers, the Tampa-based Home Frosting team finds inspiration and stays current on the home decor trends and new materials by attending the High Point furniture market in High North Carolina. It’s always an exciting time.
As a regular guest on Daytime, the nationally syndicated TV show, Karen Post, design expert and her team were invited to share the top take aways from our recent trip. Big thanks to Home Frosting’s Lyndsey, Suzanne and Candace for their help in making this segment possible.
Watch the segment (part 1) with Cyndi Edwards and Jerry Penacoli, click here. To see previous segments go to our Home Frosting Youtube channel or click here.
Interested in purchasing any items you see, email Karen. Below you find more detail on products featured too.
Top home decor trends recap
1) Cosmic chic –Astronomic influence lands in homes this season
Look for high-tech, contemporary, smart homes and spaces
Out-of-this-world home decor elements are a common style in new home decor products. From iridescent surfaces, stones, mixed metals, starburst shapes. Important colors are celestial blue and violets. This futuristic vibe is reflected with orbital lighting, night sky accent walls and a totally intergalactic look.
- Black modern Jetson chair – $99
- 47x 30 Navy and black abstract art -$437
- Velvet and iridescent throw pillows- $25 each
- Orbit decor table trees-$20 each
- Navy leather and gold tray-$35
- Silver hammered round coffee table-$200
- Gray and white carpet tiles- call for pricing
- Navy vase and single stem tropical-$35
- Navy and gold vase-$26
- Silver and brass floor lamp -$160
2) Living Coral is the 2019 color of the year
Pantone is the international color authority. Every year they name a special color that reflects culture, fashion and home decor. This year’s color, PANTONE 16-1546 Living Coral, is an animating shade of orange with a golden undertone, which symbols the warmth, nourishment, and shelter of coral reefs to sea life. Pantone notes that this year’s selection symbolizes an “innate need for optimism and joyful pursuits”.
How you will see living coral in all the right spaces this year
BOHO bold- It’s fun, eclectic, hippy and happy.
Anything goes, mix chunky woven fibers, wicker accents, fringe and all shades of coral color. Expand your BOHO style kaleidoscope with pops of purple, ballerina blush and orange.
- Coral floral original art – $499
- Woven accent rug-$20
- Color accent vase-$25
- White rolling cart-$49
- Coral- place mats-$6 each
- Boho coral pillow-$35
- Distressed accent table-$
- Navy and brass large vase- $43
- Green foliage spheres-$10 each
Dress it up
- Framed modern art print – $303
- Navy velvet square ottoman -$85
- Gold square tray-$30
- Coral velvet and stripped throw pillows- $30 each
- Coral vase and white floral-$20 each
Metal mash up
Mix silver, brass, gold and copper to give your space just the right sparkle. Tone is down with white accents or intensify the edge with dark rich black and gray accents.
- 36×36 original art- $600
- 28×28 Gold mirror-$100
- Hammered dish-$130
- Silver scoop vase-$37
- Gold and faux sheep skin bar stools-$173
- Black velvet stool-$129
Look for part 2 of Top home decor trend for 2019 soon. Need help updating your living space, or need to stage your home, give Karen a call.